Some little things I noticed:
- Some Poké Mart items are now sold via automated vending machines
- Chirami is #78 in what's presumably the Isshu regional dex
- The default protagonist name is, as per tradition, BLACK or WHITE
- There's a bit of a minor interface tweak. You can still set your favourite items to be activated via the Y button as in previous games. Recall that in DP, the Pokemon status screens were divided into several pages (Pokemon Info, Trainer Memo, Skills, etc.), and the Pokedex entries were also divided into several pages (Data, Formes, Map, Cry, etc.) By checking a box on the appropriate status page, you can now set a shortcut (SELECT->SHIFT) that directly jumps to the page.
- For the first time, there are kanji characters in the game...but so far, they're only seen in the Professor's intro speech...?
- DLC? There's a feature that allows you to upload your save data to the Internet. You'll connect to certain websites to unlock additional gameplay elements...I really hope this is not a fee service.
Battle screen changes:
- Ability-induced effects are now shown live on the battle screen
- The bottom screen now shows the local time, the battle communication type (Infrared/Wi-Fi/Wireless) as well as the current weather condition.
And that's it. Three more monthly updates remain until the game's September release. I wonder what the big surprises/selling points will be for this generation.