[size=30]Pokémon Ranger - Tracks of Light
Pokémon Ranger - Tracks of Light is the third in the Pokémon Ranger sub-series of games. Like the previous games, you take control of a Pokémon Ranger whom befriends Pokémon with their Capture Styler to help them pass natural obstacles and defeat an evil team.
This game continues with set mechanics but adds more such as the ability to call Pokémon by drawing the Tracks of Light. In addition to that, the Pokémon assist in the field with the PokéAssists. It is also the first Pokémon Ranger game to feature multiplayer modes. Specifically, you face your friends in a variety of Capture Challenges.
This game is set in the Oblivia Region which is an island rage that features a large variety of Pokémon and has you ending up facing a team called Pokémon Nappers, whom naturally are kidnapping Pokémon.
The first details of CoroCoro are starting to leak out on Japanese forums and they seem to indicate the possibility of a new game. This game is rumoured to be called Pokémon Ranger - Tracks of Light (ポケモンレンジャー 光の軌跡), and is said to feature a special download of Deoxys to your Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver games. It is said that CoroCoro gave a Japanese release date of March 6th 2010.
- The game is set in the new Oblivia Region which is a small island range
- The evil team in this game are called the Pokémon-Nappers and are led by a character called Red Eye
- The PokéAssist is back, this time where you send the Pokémon in question out into the field to assist in the capturing of other Pokémon. However, if the Pokémon receives damage, it will run away
-There is a new feature called the "Ranger Sign," which is an upgrade you can get for the Capture Styler during the game. If you successfully draw a specific pattern with your stylus, a Pokemon will come out to assist you. "Connect with the hearts of specific Pokemon to summon them!" You'll obtain various signs over the course of your adventure. On the second page under the Deoxys artwork, you can see the patterns to call Eevee and Croagunk, and you can see some of the patterns for the Legendary Beasts above them on the opposite page.
- The game allows you to ride on the back of the Legendary Beasts; Raikou, Entei & Suicune to get past certain areas
- You encounter a Pichu whom carries a Ukulele whom seems to have a big part in the story; it might be your partner apparently, and since Pichu holds a Ukulele, we can appropriately call it "Ukulele Pichu."
- There are symbols that you can draw that all certain Pokémon, such as the aforementioned beasts should you need them. They have released a symbol for Eevee and a symbol for Croagunk.
- There's a trial version coming on the Nintendo Channel on January 29th
- There is a multiplayer mode. Up to four players can play to try and capture the most Pokémon, as seen in the bottom right of the second page. Successfully capturing Pokemon involves connecting lines you draw with the lines your friends draw.
- There's a secret about the Deoxys you can download. It is to be revealed next month.
- The new CoroCoro has announced the "Event" PokeWalker course, which will be available for download from 1/29 - 2/28. This course features Sableye, Pikachu, Chatot, Croagunk, Buneary, and Pachirisu.
- On the subject of PokeWalker events, starting today, HeartGold and SoulSilver players will be able to download the "Champ Road" course over Nintendo Wi-Fi. Previously available at Pokemon tournaments, the course features Munchlax, Beldum, Bronzor, Horsea, and Magikarp, all with uncommon moves. The download is only available from 1/13 - 1/27.
The game's announcement will be in this month's CoroCoro (which is where the info is stated to have come from), and scans of the issue should be leaked on the Internet sometime during the next few days. It will probably be announced on this week's Pokemon Sunday as well, since they are set to make a major announcement during the show's game segment. This information is not confirmed as of yet because it comes from a Japanese blog.
As for this month's CoroCoro, we're supposed to be getting "world-first" news related to the 13th Pokemon movie. The news could either be a new Pokemon (though it's probably still too early in the year), plot details, a revealing of the hidden Celebi event in HeartGold and SoulSilver, or perhaps even something about the Lock / Rock Capsule. Whatever it may be, we'll find out soon.Sources: Serebii, PokéBeach, Japanese Blog Newsroom
The official site has just updated with some clearer pictures for the upcoming game; Pokémon Ranger Tracks of Light. These screenshots are mostly clearer versions of the last ones, but there are new ones too. The site also revealed some new details:
-The Deoxys mission, called Deoxys and the Mysterious Temple runs from March 6th 2010 to May 17th 2010 and has multiplayer functionality, allowing you to do the mission with friends.
-Deoxys changes forms as you try to capture it and the form you send over to the main games is dependant on the form you capture here. Each form has different attacks and they may know a move not normally known by Deoxys. We'll bring details on the moves Deoxys has as and when it comes
-Professor Hastings and Murph from the original Pokémon Ranger return in this game
-The Ukulele Pichu is not with you from the beginning. You will find it on Drop Island
-The Quests introduced in Ranger: Shadows of Almia return in this game. Their reward is not currently known.
The official site today quietly updated with a new trailer of the upcoming game, Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light. This trailer detailled many things we already know about but also showed several minutes of footage. Very few new game details were included, other than the following:
-In multiplayer mode, you and the people you are with, challenge Pokémon simultaneously and are able to send numerous simultaneous assists in at once to allow for quicker capture
-The trailer also showed a part of a special mission which has you chasing a Manaphy Egg underwater. It is unknown if you will be able to transfer this Egg to your other games, but based on the past two games containing a sendable Manaphy Egg, and the hint in the trailer, it is likely. We'll bring more details on this mission, including the dates it is available, as it comes
Official site: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/ranger3/
CoroCoro has also revealed some further details on the upcoming game: Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light. This game is due for release on the 6th of March in Japan.
-Firstly, we have two attacks of the Deoxys obtained from the special Deoxys mission; Meteor Mash for Attack Deoxys & Detect for Defense Deoxys. If you clear the mission with less than 5 minutes to spare, you will receive the Attack Deoxys
-It has also confirmed several other missions including one where you obtain the Manaphy Egg, a special one where you have the capture a Sky Forme Shaymin and a Heatran mission. The Heatran mission will allow you to send Heatran over to HeartGold/SoulSilver with the Heatran knowing the special move; Eruption
-The Deoxys & Manaphy missions are to run from March 6th to May 17th while the Heatran and Shaymin missions are to run from March 18th to May 17th.
-There is a character called Banema. She will help customise your Capture Styler and help you acquire brand new Ranger Signs.
-It also confirms that there are many flying parts of the game where you have to control the Pokémon, avoiding obstacles.